I heard a quote once along the lines of “An ok decision right now is better than a perfect decision tomorrow.”
Success breeds imitation but that imitation will lead to a limitation in success.
Some men get brave
for the bragging rights
and some due to lonely nights
Some are born,
Some are duty-bound
And some are torn
And some are lost and found
In between what’s right and wrong
Modern world has started to move too fast, changing directions too often, and it is difficult to keep up.
Or, it could be true that I’m getting slower, straighter and apathetic to keeping up.
What was wrong yesterday is right today, left tomorrow, forgotten after a week and rediscovered in a month.
Up is down, white is black, silence is deafening and no one can hear the noises in your head.
Or, it could be true that I’m getting closer to death everyday, and there are more important things to do in life.
So I have developed a deafness to new sounds, and blindness to new sights both of which can be cured at any time and usually is.
I look at things after the hype has died and after the thrill is gone.
I take pride in keeping just behind the times, and not worrying about missing out.
You can never miss anything that you’ve never found, and since our lives are finite and all our possibilities are invisible apart from the one that we’ve taken, I’m going to be ok with it.
Working with different nationalities speaking different tongues natively but bound by law (and convenience) to speak English, is quite a challenge.
But here are a few pointers to make things easier:
1. Short sentences are easier to translate in the listener’s head.
2. Terminologies you thought was common usage do not transcend cultures, nationalities or generations.
3. Speak slowly. You might think you come off as dimwitted, but trust me, the listener will appreciate you giving them the extra time to understand the message.
4. Curb your eloquence. Keep it simple first, then simpler the next time.
5. Being direct trumps metaphor and analogy laden obtuseness.
6. Making the listener understand is the ultimate goal, but remember that it is a collaborative effort on both sides.
Keepsakes and memories,and their intent to embarrass and harass.
Oh… It’s already too painful to go on.
Hot shame of recent revelations of the not too distant past.
If only the Earth can swallow me up.